2015 Annual Conference
Linking Water Research to Policy and Water Management
A Joint AWRA MWCC Meeting
This year MT AWRA is partnering with the Montana Watershed Coordination Council to offer a special combined session on the morning of October 7 to explore links between science and management.
NOTICE: 2015 CALL FOR ABSTRACTS NOW OPEN
Please go to the following link for the Conference Information and Call for Abstracts:
We invite presentations on all aspects of the science and management of Montana’s water resources with special emphasis on linking research to “on the ground” water resource management. Suggested abstract topics include:
- Riparian protection & restoration
- Monitoring post-restoration effects
- Aquifer recharge and water reuse studies
- Watershed studies
- Regulatory updates
- Surface Water/Ground Water Interaction: Quality and Quantity Issues
- Drought, drought resiliency, or drought management
- Water quality issues and water quantity Issues
- Student presentations are encouraged!
To register for the 2015 Montana AWRA conference, please check back end of July, 2015.
MT AWRA Draft Agenda coming in October!
Todd Myse, V.P.
Once again, it is the time of year where we ask you for your latest and greatest water resources photos! We are looking for any and all photos related to Montana’s water resources and water resource professionals. These can be scenic photos, technical photos, recreational photos, or humorous and embarrassing photos! There will be prizes for the winners of each photo category. Please send your latest and greatest water resources photos to Todd Myse at TMyse@mtech.edu, or call me at 496-4838. If possible, please submit photos by September 15th, although late entries may be accepted!
Time for nominating our next treasurer! The elected treasurer serves for one year as Treasurer, one year as Vice President, and one year as President. Serving as a MT AWRA officer is a great way to get more involved in the community of water professionals in Montana and the U.S. Other benefits include membership in the National AWRA, and paid MT AWRA conference expenses. Nominations can be entered on the conference registration form or emailed to the Montana AWRA Executive Secretary Nancy Hystad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2015 conference will be held October 7-9 at the Holiday Inn Downtown Missoula.
For conference rates at the Holiday Inn, please be sure to mention American Water Resources when making your reservations. Conference rates have been provided for Tuesday night in addition for Wednesday and Thursday.
To get on the meeting email list and receive conference updates, please email email@example.com.
For information on past conferences go to the conference archives.
- A calendar of non-AWRA events can be viewed at http://www.awra.org/meetings/
- A calendar of AWRA specialty conferences can be viewed at http://www.awra.org/index.html
- AWRA’s Annual Water Resources Conference takes place at the Grand Hyatt Denver Hotel in Denver, CO, November 16 – 19, 20154. For general information on the conference, visit http://www.awra.org/meetings/Denver2015/